B

B

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog! Starting a blog about politics is something I never imagined doing in a million years. I always stayed as far away from politics as I possibly could because I have an obsession with truth and honesty and politicians always struck me as corrupt liars.

Until Bernie Sanders decided to run for president that is. Now here was a man with true integrity and class. Are you kidding me? An honest politician! To be perfectly honest, the first reason I started following the 2016 US presidential race was because of Donald Trump and his clown show. Although I didn't support him or anything the entertainment value was good. At least he brought something different to politics as usual and was shaking the system up.

I am always for shaking the status quo up and that I viewed as a good thing. So actually I have to credit him for getting me involved in politics, even though I am directly opposed to his policies and the fact that he is the very antithesis of Bernie Sanders in my opinion.

Then after a while I heard about Sanders which were all good things. He sounded very much like the outsider which of course he is. An honest outsider. Now there was someone I could identify with! Since getting to know Sanders and what he stands for he has become an idol of mine. The admiration and respect were almost instant.

It didn't take long to surmise that he was a real person who was truly concerned about the dwindling American middle class and that he had the best interests of the American people at heart. This is an incredibly rare thing in an era of politics where 99% of politicians sell out to corporate America.

You only need to look at the fact that Sanders is the only candidate in the presidential race who does not accept money from super PACs for proof. To those of you who don't know, a super PAC basically allows corporations to contribute unlimited funds to political campaigns and exists due to a disastrous Citizens United ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court.

This ruling basically allows big corporations to buy politicians and rule the American government. Not only do one tenth of one percent own almost as much wealth in America as the bottom 90%, but they now want to control the government as well. For this reason, America is now all but an oligarchy, a power structure by which a few rich people and corporations call all the shots in a country.


It is a form of dictatorship where a very small percentage of the population have almost absolute power. In short, Bernie Sanders is about taking America back from this greedy and evil elite who live like gods while middle-class Americans are working three jobs at a time and are still struggling to make ends meet. I won't get into the illegal and unethical practices of Wall Street and the 1% elite here, but I will in subsequent posts and it is shocking what they are getting away with.

Bernie Sanders is busy creating a political revolution which is the only way for the American people to take their country back from the unbelievably greedy and corrupt elite. And I wanted to be part of that, even though it doesn't affect me directly as a South African. It's been extremely encouraging to see so many Americans and even people from other countries coming together to support Senator Sanders in his bid to become the next American president and stop the ridiculous exploitation by corporate America.

I have an awful lot more to say, but I just wanted to get a first post out and started educating people. Let me just make it clear that I am not a political expert or pundit by any means. Nor do I much want to be. All too often I read articles by these so-called pundits and it has status quo disastrous politics which got America into the mess it is in to begin with written all over it.

To hell with the status quo. It is time for a political revolution where good, honest, hard-working Americans take the country back from the evil oligarchy. The way I see it it is pretty much Bernie or bust for America. Certainly Hillary Clinton the poster woman for corporate America(yes she has a super PAC and a history of selling out to corporate America) is not gonna affect positive change. She absolutely represents the status quo and in my humble opinion it would be a disaster if she becomes president.

I won't even mention the republican side(although I will in subsequent posts). Sanders is the only candidate who has the political record and integrity to get America out of the mess it is in, and more and more people are realizing that every day. Sanders is exploding on the Internet and after the first democratic debate he has become the most Googled candidate running for POTUS.

I want to contribute to that explosion in my small way simply because I want to see good win and justice prevail for once in the world where there are so much evil and injustice. I want to see Sanders tax the hell out of Wall Street and the 1% and make it impossible for them to stash their money in the Camen Islands where they pay no tax at the expense of good middle-class Americans.

But I will get into all of that later. I hope you enjoy my blog and that it helps to inform and educate you if nothing else.

Ru-an

No comments:

Post a Comment